It’s never too early for parents to start imparting life lessons to their kids. One awesome father went one step further and wrote a sound list of rules for his unborn son. The sage advice involves practical advice any person could internalize that ranges from how to properly shake a hand to ways to woo a woman.
1) Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2) There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs ain’t one.
3) The man at the grill is the closest thing we have to a king.
4) In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5) Act like you’ve been there before. Especially in the end zone.
6) Request the late check out.
7) When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
8) Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
9) Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
10) Don’t fill up on bread.
11) When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
12) Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
13) If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
14) Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
15) You marry the girl. You marry her whole family.
16) Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
17) Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
18) Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
19) Never turn down a breath mint.
20) In a game of HORSE, sometimes a simple free throw will get ’em.
21) A sport coat is worth a 1000 words.
22) Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
23) Thank a Veteran. And then make it up to him.
24) If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
25) Eat lunch with the new kid.
26) After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
27) Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
28) See it on the big screen.
29) Give credit. Take the blame.
30) Write down your dreams.
Leave a Comment